This ad is expired.
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
NTID Information and Computing Studies
Faculty Type (Tenure Status): Tenure-Track
Faculty Discipline: Computer Science
Faculty Rank: Assistant Professor
Employment Category: Fulltime
Anticipated Start Date: 04-Jan-2021
Detailed Job Description
Provide tutoring support for students taking baccalaureate level courses in the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences. Teach deaf and hard-of-hearing students courses in computing studies at the Associate and Baccalaureate degree levels. Participate fully in the department's curricular initiatives and related faculty duties.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Qualification and Education
- Doctoral Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- One year of full-time work experience in object-oriented programming (Java, Python and C#), web development (HTML, CSS, PHP), database modeling and implementation. Internet-of-Things or network experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated scholarship in computing with dissemination of results.
- Teaching/training equivalent to one year full-time experience.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with Deaf culture strongly preferred. Candidates who are not fluent in ASL must commence learning immediately (by enrolling in ASL courses) and be able to demonstrate proficiency within period specified in the letter of hire.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the colleges continuing commitment to culture diversity, pluralism and individual differences.
Required Minimum Education Level
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume
How To Apply
Apply online at will http://careers.rit.edu/faculty Search: 5072BR. Please submit the following: your online application; cover letter addressing the required qualifications for this position; a curriculum vitae,
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency