This ad is expired.
Associate, Full Professor in Quantum Materials (Theory)
University of California San Diego
Position title: Associate Professor
Full Professor Application Window
Open date: November 28, 2022
Most recent review date: Tuesday, Jan 3, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS, within the Division of Physical Sciences at the University of California, San Diego (www.physics.ucsd.edu), is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student body and invites applications for a tenure faculty position at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. Candidates with research interests in Theoretical Quantum Materials Physics are particularly encouraged to apply. Candidates must have a strong record of research accomplishment, an innovative research plan, and a demonstrated ability for excellence in teaching. All positions are subject to availability of funding.
Teaching in physics, and related topics will be expected. Ideally, the candidate will have skills and interest in teaching lab and lecture courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Information on contributions to diversity statements can be found at the following link: https://physicalsciences.ucsd.edu/diversity/contributions-to-diversity-statements.html
For applicants interested in spousal/partner employment, please visit the UCSD Partner Opportunities Program at http://aps.ucsd.edu/services/pop/index.html.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Ph.D. in Physics or a related field required.
- Demonstrated achievement in developing a recognized program of excellence in both teaching and research.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in higher education.
A successful candidate should have a well-articulated plan of contributing to programs that increase the access and success of underrepresented students and faculty in the sciences. We especially welcome candidates who have already participated in, contributed to, or created such programs, can articulate how this experience helped shape their plan, and who have a commitment to helping shape and expand the University's diversity initiatives (http://diversity.ucsd.edu/). Applications should include a statement describing past and/or potential contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion (see https://physicalsciences.ucsd.edu/diversity/contributions-to-diversity-statements.html.)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. and publication list.
- Statement of Research - Statement of past and proposed research.
- Statement of Teaching - Statement of past and proposed teaching plans.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Authorization to Release Form - Applicants must complete, sign and upload this form. See Institutional Reference Check (https://aps.ucsd.edu/recruitment/background_check/) for more information.
- Publications - Submit reprints of up to three representative papers
- COVID-19 Impact Statement - We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic may have had a substantial impact on academic productivity. In our academic hiring processes, we will be keeping this in mind as we consider faculty achievement relative to opportunity. We encourage you to reflect on constraints on opportunity in your field that were caused by the events of the pandemic and where applicable, to discuss your achievements in this light.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
Help contact: email@example.com
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of employment.
The University of California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.
San Diego, CA
To apply, please visit: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03385
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency