The Eberly College of Science at The Pennsylvania State University invites applications for the position of Head of the Department of Biology. Ideal candidates will hold the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
Candidates for the position should have demonstrated superior administrative or leadership skills, qualifying them to play a key role in the further development of the department, and should have a distinguished record of research and teaching.
The candidate should possess proven ability to:
- develop and manage budgets and staff
- effectiveness in advocating research and education
- program and administrative leadership experience or strong evidence of the potential for program and administrative leadership
- excellence in written and oral communication
- strong interpersonal and networking skills
- ability to provide an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students
It is also expected that the candidate will be a leader to the department by continuing their research efforts. The successful candidate will be hired as the department head and a tenured faculty member in the department. The initial term as department head will be 4 years, with additional term as deemed appropriate by the Dean.
Applications must be submitted electronically and must include:
- a letter of interest that highlights the candidate's administrative and leadership skills and experience that quality them for this position, and addresses the criteria above
- a curriculum vitae
- a diversity statement that describes past, current, and future contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the teaching, research, or leadership levels
- contact information for three professional references
Screening of applications will begin November 1, 2020 and it is intended that the position be filled by January 1, 2021.
To apply, visit: https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/University-Park-Campus/Department-Head-of-Biology_REQ_0000007554-1
Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
To review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters and policies, please go to https://police.psu.edu/annual-security-reports, which will also explain how to request a paper copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency